One of the easiest changes you can make to your diet to help you lose weight is to eliminate the refined grains and replace them with whole, natural foods.
This is really the goal behind any low carb or Paleo style recipe.
For example, taco nights are a staple in my house, but eating the flour tortillas or the corn taco shells makes me have to work so much harder to maintain my ideal weight.
But I love tacos, so we make them so we can indulge without any issues.
BTW. I wrote a post about what I usually eat for dinner here.
All we do is replace the shells with any sort of leafs of lettuce to eliminate grains and then make sure we have a ton of awesome veggies to put on top of our meat.
Here’s my favorite beef taco recipe made with lettuce wraps:
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- Taco seasoning: 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon salt
- Salsa: 1 tomato, 1 big handful of cilantro, 2 slices of red onion
- 1 head of iceberg or green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 avocado
- Cook your ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add ingredients for taco seasoning and heat through.
- Add salsa ingredients to a blender or food processor (or chop yourself) and blend until desired consistency.
- Use one or two lettuce leafs per taco, spooning the ground beef into the center.
- Add salsa and avocado to the top.
- Fold and enjoy.
*I’m addicted to these we have them every week!
Feel free to use any meat you’d like for variety. You could also substitute sour cream or cheese for the avocado as your fat.
Make small changes today for great reward tomorrow.
Susan Campbell, MS
* If you’d like to learn more about low carb eating and my 5 advanced weight loss strategies please check out my Amazon Kindle ebook, Low Carb Diet Strategies You Don’t Know About by clicking here now.