We all need to be a little naughty sometimes.
Or maybe we just need to feel like we’re being naughty.
As an adult, I’ve traded in many of the “naughty ways” of my youth for more responsible behavior.
But hey, a girl’s got to live a little!
So now I get my naughty fix in other ways, but I try to make it seem like I’m still being naughty.
Hey, don’t judge me, it’s what’s going to keep me young even into my old age!
Today I want to talk about turning really healthy and tasty, high quality food, into something that tastes so freakin’ awesome you swear it’s one of the foods on your naughty list.
I’m going to show you how you can eat pizza and drink a chocolate milkshake without paying the price.
Now that’s naughty.
As you know, I personally subscribe to a diet that is a combo of Paleo/low carb/plant based. This type of diet is one of my three pillars of weight loss. You also probably know that I recommend you following a similar diet if you want to live a healthy, long life or drop a few pounds.
Who wouldn’t want to do those things?
One of the non-starchy veggies I eat quite a bit of following this way of eating is zucchini. Zucchini is a high quality, nutrient dense food. But after eating it all season long it can get boring as hell, and sometimes you just have to naughty things up a bit.
So, I propose making your zucchini taste like pizza.
Why? Because I KNOW no avid reader of mine is eating pizza on the regular, now are they?
So this is a great way to satisfy your craving for pizza without doing damage to your waistline.
Here’s how you make zucchini pizza:
1. Cut your zucchini in half length wise. If using an older, mature one then scoop out the seeds and make a boat.
2. Place sliced fresh tomatoes or canned tomatoes along the length of the zucchini.
3. Then add plenty of italian seasoning (or any combo of basil, oregano, and parsley that you wish).
4. Then add a bunch of mozzarella cheese to the top.
5. Lastly, top with pepperoni slices or any of your favorite pizza toppings.
6. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until zucchini is tender, probably about 30 minutes.
Enjoy your naughty zucchini.
Next we are going to make a healthy bunch of salad greens taste like a chocolate milkshake:
1. Add 1 handful of greens (I like spinach and kale) to your blender. I use this blender.
* Did you know that leafy greens actually contain quite a bit of protein as well as a trace of Omega 3′s?
2. Add 1 cup unsweetened almond milk. You can use the chocolate or original flavor.
3. Add 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder. I use this brand.
4. You could also make this a chocolate peanut butter milkshake by adding a scoop of your favorite natural nut butter.
5. Add a few ice cubes and blend.
A note about blenders:
I love my Vitamix blender. It is super powerful and can crush a cinder block into dust in 5 seconds flat. It’s good for using as a food processor, making hot soup AND, frozen ice cream. And naturally, I use it for making smoothies every day.
But it costs quite a bit of money. For me, it was worth the investment. But for you it might not be.
Since I’ve bought the Vitamix, I’ve seen another blender on TV and in a friend’s home that is intriguing to me. It’s called the Ninja.
The Ninja costs a hell of a lot less, is just as powerful and versatile, but has one little thing that is way better than the Ninja and I’m a little jealous I don’t have it.
The Ninja has a blade set that is removable from the pitcher. It also has three blades on it: one on the bottom, one on the top and one in the middle, to make for more even chopping.
Sometimes we lose a little bit of food at the bottom of the Vitamix because it is stuck under the blades that can’t be taken out.
That’s all for today. Let me know what you think of these extremely healthy naughty foods. Let me know if you come up with any of your own you can share with the rest of us!
Susan Campbell, MS
***If you’d like to learn about about how your diet is sabotaging your weight loss then I recommend checking out one of my Amazon Kindle ebooks called, Why Can’t I lose Weight? – 26 Ways Your Diet is Sabotaging Your Weight Loss, by clicking here now ==> http://www.amazon.com/Cant-Lose-Weight-Sabotaging-ebook/dp/B00BBIVKS6